Title & Purpose
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble:
for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand, Joel 2:1.
All quotations from the Scriptures will be from the Authorised Version - the best and most accurate English translation of the Scriptures.
Please see sermons down the left hand column of the Blog about why the Authorised Version is the best and most accurate English translation of the Scriptures
and why we reject the many perversions of the Scriptures, including those so beloved of many neo-evangelicals at present such as ESV & NKJV.
Monday, 30 April 2012
Friday, 27 April 2012
26. Elect of God - Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles, Isaiah 42:1.
27. Everlasting Father - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, Isaiah 9:6.
28. Faithful Witness - And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5.
29. First and Last - And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last, Revelation 1:17.
30. First Begotten - And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5.
Wednesday, 25 April 2012
5. Amen - And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God, Revelation 3:14.
7. Arm of the Lord - Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the drag, Isaiah 51:9; Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? Isaiah 53:1.
Monday, 23 April 2012
Health Minister Edwin Poots gives four reasons for this destruction of life:
1. The 'poor quality' of the embryos.
2. They are deemed as 'not suitable for transfer back to the patient or cryopreservation'.
3. The 'legal consent period has been reached'.
4. The 'couple withdraw their consent to storage'.
See full report in Belfast Newsletter
So for others to have the privilege of having children that they might call their own, 4,000 other children have to die. This is surely perverted logic, unscriptural and grossly immoral!
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
See article on Burning Bush website about the same issue - The Slaughter of the Innocent taking place today in Ulster
Wednesday, 18 April 2012
It is bad when great men give bad examples, but worse when all men follow them.
Monday, 9 April 2012
Friday, 6 April 2012
An investigation was launched by the Westminster Health Secretary, Andrew Lansley. It has subsequently discovered that 20%, ie. one abortion clinic in five, have been failing to follow the law in providing abortions.
Some clinics were allowing women to kill their unborn child on the basis of its gender. Certificates were being pre-signed by doctors giving consent to terminations without the women ever being seen. Under the 1967 Abortion Act, this should be approved by two doctors.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC), the body instructed to carry out these checks on around 250 abortion clinics have now taken the side of the abortion clinics and are complaining that they have been asked to carry out these inspections. They claim that it disrupts their other work and costs money.
Abortion investigation: Health Secretary Andrew Lansley to report clinics and doctors to police
Andrew Lansley: abortion clinics will be inspected
Thursday, 5 April 2012
A related story can be found here: Spoilt little Buddhas! Doting parents turn out children who just can't behave, says teachers' leader
Sadly, while bemoaning the decline in behaviour and the uselessness of modern methods of discipline, the Association of Teachers and Lecturers have also rejected a return to the use of the cane.